Fallen by Lauren Kate


There's something achingly familiar about Daniel Grigori.Mysterious and aloof, he captures Luce Price's attention from the moment she sees him on her first day at the Sword & Cross boarding school in sultry Savannah, Georgia. He's the one bright spot in a place where cell phones are forbidden, the other students are all screw-ups, and security cameras watch every move.Even though Daniel wants nothing to do with Luce--and goes out of his way to make that very clear--she can't let it go. Drawn to him like a moth to a flame, she has to find out what Daniel is so desperate to keep secret . . . even if it kills her.Dangerously exciting and darkly romantic, Fallen is a page turning thriller and the ultimate love story.


I am just gonna come right out and say it. I was disappointed by this book, and it makes me sad. I was really looking forward to reading this. It is not often that I find a book that is hard for me to finish but I found myself struggling to read it. I wanted to stop halfway through but trudged on hoping it would get better. And finally it did with about fifty pages left.

I feel as if the book never really explained anything. I still don't believe in the relationship between Luce and Daniel. You never get a clear picture that these two are suppose to be together, you are just told they are and are supposed to believe it. Sorry, but I need proof.

I am just confused after reading this, I guess it is a good thing there will be another. Hopefully the next one will take the time to explain itself better and not be full of fluff that doesn't matter.

In my opinion, don't buy this book, get it from the library.

2 comments:

ck.twilighter (Chasity) said...

Wahhhhh!! *crying*

I was hoping it would be a page turner but we can;t always get what we want!!

Have you read Hush, Hush yet?
I cant recall if you blogged about it.

Thanks for the scoops!!

Anonymous said...

allo allo!!! I'm surprised by your review!! I actually loved it!! I really enjoyed going through it without an omniscient narrator and being as confused as Luce was. I thought it added to the tension & general creepiness of the book. I couldn't put it down...

Just curious, did you like it less than Hush Hush?

btw, love your site!!!

Post a Comment