Beautiful Creatures by Kami Garcia & Margaret Stohl

I found this book while browsing around on amazon. I read the little exert and was hooked. Here is the summary with my review following.
Lena Duchannes is unlike anyone the small Southern town of Gatlin has ever seen, and she's struggling to conceal her power and a curse that has haunted her family for generations. But even within the overgrown gardens, murky swamps and crumbling graveyards of the forgotten South, a secret cannot stay hidden forever.Ethan Wate, who has been counting the months until he can escape from Gatlin, is haunted by dreams of a beautiful girl he has never met. When Lena moves into the town's oldest and most infamous plantation, Ethan is inexplicably drawn to her and determined to uncover the connection between them.In a town with no surprises, one secret could change everything.
My favorite thing about this book was the fact it was narrated by a boy. This was my first young adult book with a guy voice. I enjoyed it immensely. I am a girl, I know how I would react to a situation, so I can guess how other girls would too. But guys on the other hand, sometimes it's a mystery.
I found Ethan to be quite endearing. I warmed to him immediately. He was bored living in his small southern town until Lena rolls in driving her uncles hearse. And his life completely changes. Some for the good, and some for the scary.
I also enjoyed reading about the relationship between Ethan and Lena. It wasn't the love and first sight, can't live without you kind of thing. It was natural. They knew they had some kind of connection, but not how or why.
I thought the book was well written. It is pretty long, 563 pages, quite thick for a young adult. But I never found myself getting bored, or skipping ahead. So bravo ladies and I look forward to the next in the series, atleast I hope there will be more!
Here is a fun link to enjoy or learn more about the book!

1 comments:

ck.twilighter (Chasity) said...

Wow.... I will have to look into this one!!!=)

Aloha from BBB... I'm Chas there!!

Post a Comment