Silver Borne by Patricia Briggs


I love, love, love the Mercy Thompson series. Patricia Briggs is one of my favorite authors.

When mechanic and shapeshifter Mercy Thompson attempts to return a powerful Fae book she'd previously borrowed in an act of desperation, she finds the bookstore locked up and closed down.
It seems the book contains secret knowledge-and the Fae will do just about anything to keep it out of the wrong hands. And if that doesn't take enough of Mercy's attention, her friend Samuel is struggling with his wolf side-leaving Mercy to cover for him, lest his own father declare Sam's life forfeit.
All in all, Mercy has had better days. And if she isn't careful, she might not have many more to live...

So here we are at the fifth book in the series. Most books by this time are getting a littel weird the characters are starting to act differently, the plot points run flat and the reader loses interest. Not so for Mercy Thompson.

In this installment we get to see more of what it is like to be a part of a pack (which I personally have been looking forward to). Sam starts acting a little off kilter, and Mercy is being, well Mercy.

My favorite character from this book is Ben. I have been a fan of Ben ever since he took a bullet for Adam. And in my opinion he has gotten better with every book.

My only real dissappointment with this book is that we don't see Stephen. I am not one of those readers that think Stephen and Mercy should be together (it's ok if you do), but I do enjoy his character. And after the last book being so heavy with him, this book felt like there was a little something missing.

But don't worry. This book is full of drama, excitement, joy, romance and some scary characters. Plenty to keep us all happy and eagerly looking forward to the next installment.


Check out the authors website here.

1 comments:

ck.twilighter (Chasity) said...

Great review Kayla!!=)

I finished it this morning and love it as well!!

I love the look into pack magic.=)

Post a Comment