Mockingjay by Suzanne Collins

Against all odds, Katniss Everdeen has survived the Hunger Games twice. But now that she’s made it out of the bloody arena alive, she’s still not safe. The Capitol is angry. The Capitol wants revenge. Who do they think should pay for the unrest? Katniss. And what’s worse, President Snow has made it clear that no one else is safe either. Not Katniss’s family, not her friends, not the people of District 12.

So here we are, at the end of one of the best series I have ever read. And what a wonderfully rocky, heartbreaking, beautiful road it has been.


Mockingjay was everything I was hoping for and more. Katniss is now at District 13. The rebellion has started and everyone is looking to Katniss to spearhead the movement. But Katniss is dealing with her own issues and isn't sure she can trust anyone. And the one person she trusts completely is in the hands of the Capitol.


Mockingjay was exciting, action packed, heartbreaking, suspenseful and sorrowful. After reading Catching Fire I imagined the way I wanted Mockingjay to be. Katniss would rescue Peeta in a big, daring, life threatening mission and they would take on the Capitol together. Well, it didn't exactly happen that way. I can't complain though, in the big scheme of things it ended realistically and believable.


I have never read any other series like this one before. I highly recommend it anyone and everyone I can. If this series is new to you start with The Hunger Games. If you are a long time fan you will not be disappointed.


Visit the authors web page here.

1 comments:

Deb Nance at Readerbuzz said...

I just finished this book and reviewed it, too!

Thank you for posting your review.

I hope you'll stop by my blog and see what I thought.

I'm an old follower, stopping by via the Hop!

Post a Comment