Bleeding Violet by Dia Reeves


This is one of those books I found by trolling around amazon. I read some of the reviews, and lets just say some were not good. But I have never let that stop me before. And I am glad I bought this book any way.


Love can be a dangerous thing....
Hanna simply wants to be loved. With a head plagued by hallucinations, a medicine cabinet full of pills, and a closet stuffed with frilly, violet dresses, Hanna's tired of being the outcast, the weird girl, the freak. So she runs away to Portero, Texas in search of a new home.
But Portero is a stranger town than Hanna expects. As she tries to make a place for herself, she discovers dark secrets that would terrify any normal soul. Good thing for Hanna, she's far from normal. As this crazy girl meets an even crazier town, only two things are certain: Anything can happen and no one is safe.


Where do I begin with this book. Let me first say that I really liked this book. It was imaginative and well written, but to sum it up in one word I would have to say it was "crazy." But in a good way. The story and the characters were something else.

The story follows a sixteen year old girl that has been diagnosed with manic depression and bipolar disorder. She has run away to this town that is not normal, full of residents that are unique (they only wear black, except for a few that wear green).

It was such a joy to read this book. Please give it a chance. Go into it with an open mind and enjoy it for what it is. A well written escape from the norm!


Here is a link to the authors webpage http://www.diareeves.com/

2 comments:

ck.twilighter (Chasity) said...

I have been seeing this book everywhere!!! I love the word 'crazy' I use it for everything!!=)

ck.twilighter (Chasity) said...

OhHhH!! I love the Playlist!! Mine is pink on my blog too....!!=)


http://chas-n-kai.blogspot.com/

Post a Comment